Knox County Poorhouse
On November 8, 2008 - Favorites, Miscellaneous
The Knox County Poorhouse was constructed between 1875-1877 and was used for 75-years to house the poor, many of whom lived and died on the grounds. The 90,000 square foot, four-story building featured 90 rooms. The Poorhouse closed in 1953 due to structural stability concerns, although it became home to the Mount Vernon Bible College, after repairs were made, in 1957 until 1987. In 1997, the building became home to the House of Nightmares, a haunted house, which operated until 2006 when a section of the interior collapsed. The building is located in Bangs, Ohio on Possum Road.